Wednesday, September 9, 2009

iPhone apps for wood junkies

I have a confession to make, I don’t have an iPhone. I guess I’m just too thrifty to pay $200+ per month for a cell phone. If you’re one of the cool kids and love wood, I have two really sweet iPhone apps that may rock your world.
I.D. Wood is a pocket guide to species from around the world with samples and detailed information for more than 50 different woods. The app features, species names, origins, descriptions, properties, common uses, durability, sustainability and illustrations of lumber cutting techniques (to name a few). From the basic to the exotic, the app is a virtual guidebook for woodworkers, cabinetmakers, designers, artists, architects or anyone who loves wood. According to the developer, more wood species will be added in future updates.
The other iPhone app wood junkies will love is the ShopBot app. This app can control Shopbot's CNC router and emulates key strokes for basic commands. According to the company, the app allows users to program a CNC from anywhere in the world.

I just want a phone that doesn't drop my calls.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

200$ a month? really? where is that?